Microblading Birmingham, MI
Microblading is a semi-permanent make-up application to give you the eyebrows of your dreams! Through the manual process of inserting pigment into the upper layers of the skin, we create the desired fullness and design of the eyebrows. A specialized microblade penetrates the upper layers of the skin. As a result, the design will be waterproof, smudge proof and realistic. The effects last up to 18 months after which the pigment fades, leaving the skin and your natural brows.
Microblading is carried out using a hand-held tool to insert pigment into the upper layers of skin – as opposed to a machine – and the pigment is deposited into the epidermis. It is a gentler alternative to traditional tattoo methods, since it does not penetrate the dermis skin layer. As the color is impacted closer to the surface, the hair strokes appear crisp and very fine.
The results are natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. People suffering from alopecia, trigonometric or any other condition that causes hair loss benefit greatly from Microblading, as well as those who simply aren’t happy with their eyebrows. The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match your original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them. The results are a realistic, fuller looking brow.
Contact Skin Boutique today to schedule a consultation and learn more!
What are the Benefits of Microblading?
- Only penetrates into epidermis
- Uses specialized pigments to enhance natural features
- Creates sharp hair strokes as skin cells are tightly packed together in the epidermis layer
- Due to application and depth, microblading will fade dramatically within 18 months, in some cases leaving skin completely
- Less painful with healing process of up to one week
- Risk of scarring is low
How Do I Prepare for Microblading?
To help you get the best results possible from your microblading procedure, we’ve outlined our lessons learned and provided a formula that will help to ensure you get the best results possible.
If you’ve ever hired a professional painter, they will tell you that “it’s all in the prep.” Professional painters know that they get the best results when they spend extra time sanding, filling holes, making sure edges are smooth and applying the right primer. Well, microblading is very similar. You will get much better results when you properly prepare. It all starts with a good canvas! The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated.
Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure:
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take fish oil or vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure
To avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Microblading Consultation: 30 mins – $0
Microblading: $575 (includes perfecting session at 4-6 weeks after initial appointment)
Microblading Finesse (Optional; must be within 60 days of perfecting appointment): 1 hour – $100
Microblading Pre-14 month color boost (must be within 14 months of first, initial appointment): 2.5 hours – $275